Tuesday 4 September 2012

Finding the edge - 3 days to go

As my personal trainer said, "you won't be ready physically, but maybe we can get you prepared mentally".

To get me in the right state of mind I decided to do the following:

- Not drink for a month (one relapse where 1 1/2 glasses of wine later, so half a glass more than usual, I may have been too intoxicated to safely cycle. Luckily I couldn't remember where I'd put my bike)

- learn Pilates and the art of dynamic stretching to limber me up in the mornings

- practice going to bed early and waking up earlier and earlier to ensure the 5:30 starts aren't a shock. I'm currently managing to get out of bed at ten to eight.

- swallow all manner of legal vitamins and fish oils (see picture, I pop them all and don't even need water anymore)

- label my energy bars for each day (see picture)


- shave my legs. Apparently this will save me up to a second a day. That is one second others won't have. Also it means the medics can clean my legs when I inevitably fall. I've learnt that it's hard not to cut yourself shaving and it takes a very long time. So long in fact I did each leg on a separate night.







No one can accuse me of not taking this seriously.

And I attach a photo of the handle bar streamers I bought upon reaching my target. To all those who sponsored me, this is for you. Thank you. Now I just need to mount them

No comments:

Post a Comment