Monday 10 September 2012

Day three

Day three ended with me in a quivering heap on my tent floor. You can't really call it a floor, more a plastic sheet, so it ended with me in the recovery position, wearing my birthday suit (apart from some arm warmers, on my tent floor. This is how I got there...

I woke up later than usual because today is shorter which equates to an hour on the road if you were wondering.

Louise still left bang on 7 and I tried to catch her on the first 35 miles, joining two fast groups to make up the time. below is a photo of me on a bridge to Wales. All was well at this point.

I filled my feedbag at the first pit stop and we set off again, 30 miles later I felt nauseous. As luck had it, this coincided with the second pit stop. Unfortunately Louise's family and friends were at the pit stop who had to try and converse with me whilst I was at an all time low trying to eat a damn pork pie. I hate pork pie, I hate them even more when I'm nauseas.

It's safe to say the last 30 miles was spent cycling with my head down and eyes closed. Today was the easiest day, the shortest and supposed to be a rest day. I felt so sick on returning I stumbled into my tent with the pretence of stretching in it. Instead I lay there on the phone to my mum, admitting/ whimpering that this was huge mistake.

Apologies to Louise's family and friends for my overall demeanour.

Below are photos of Dave and Louise stretching and cycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment