Sunday 9 September 2012

Day 2

Day 2 broken down by stats and facts...and some narrative.

Clothing: pink giro top which meant the man factor, having been eroded by the tassels, was well and truly at level zero.

Number of times people have mistaken me for a girl when overtaking me: 2

Number of times Louise has been confused for a boy: 0

Number of times we have fallen off our bikes: 1 each, she when trying to remount her bike on the steepest incline of the day and me after yelling stopping is for wimps to a few people taking a break after a climb and cycling into a ditch.

Number of times Louise encountered Lewis Moody or vice versa: lost count. She stood in a ten minute food queue with him, was personally congratulated by him on finishing and when he cycled by on a hill she executed a turn of pace that dropped me for dead.

Most impressive part: Cheddar Gorge. Genuinely the first time I've enjoyed cycling so far. Picture of me with mini cheedars at cheddar gorge. Photo planned for hours, nothing else to do really.

Second best moment: a ten minute descent where I vowed never to peddle again. I was peddling again ten minutes later.

Miles cycled: 110 and it was a lot easier than yesterday where I'm almost certain I was getting acquainted with the "wall".

I'm now sat on the floor stretching in a student hall in Bath university, which means a bed, shower and my own toilet. Quite nice as I have realised I hate camping. I'm now going to follow the religious ritual that is post ride recovery: stretch, recovery drink, eat like an elephant and go to bed at 8.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll get a taxi to Macdonalds and go a little wild with an all you can eat meal deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment